GOOD COOKIN" 19: MANGO SALSA Posted on 30 Sep 00:00 , 0 comments
Black Bean and Mango Salsa
Chop and mix the following ingredients together in a bowl. Chill one hour before serving.
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango
- 1 cup seeded, chopped tomato
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
And another favorite recipe
- 1 mango
- 1/2 peeled and sliced cucumber
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro and 1/8 tsp chili powder (optional)
Mix: Marinate overnight in a glass container with a lid. Don't use plastic or the marinade will pick up a little extra flavor you don't want. Serve cold with seafood, chicken or by itself as a summer salad.
Gather your girlfriends and great ready for a fun night out stitching and dancing the night away with chips, salsa and those yummy fruity drinks.
Click HERE for a PDF of the piecing instructions to make a SALSA QUILT.
... and a little inspiration ...